Radiology Lead Markers From Kemper Medical
Radiology lead markers go by a variety of different names. You may have heard them referred to as:
- Anatomical side markers
- Lead markers
- X-ray lead markers
- Pb markers
- Radiographic film identification markers
Regardless of what name they go by, they all fulfill the same purpose: recording a variety of required information on x-rays for both medical and legal purposes. They are an almost universal requirement in dentist’s offices, veterinarian clinics, medical facilities, chiropractic facilities, and other areas that require x-rays for diagnostic purposes.
The radiology lead markers provided by Kemper Medical, Inc. will imprint all of the required information on your x-rays. They are high in quality, comprised of strong lead which acts as a natural radiation repellent. The information recorded on your x-ray markers will be clear and concise, serving to indicate information such as:
- The position of the patient’s body during the taking of the x-ray
- Distinctions between the left and right hand side of the patient’s body
- The name or initials of the radiographer
- The patient’s name
- The date and time of the taking of the x-ray
Kemper Medical, Inc.’s radiology lead markers will provide you with the information you need to make a proper diagnosis, without which adequate medical treatment is impossible.
Why Choose Kemper Medical, Inc. For Your Radiology Lead Markers
We pride ourselves on offering the highest quality medical products at the lowest possible prices. That’s why we operate on a razor thin margin, so that the medical field at large can benefit from the products that we provide.
Like all of our products, our radiology lead markers are made by the trusted name brand manufacturers who have gained a reputation for high quality products. Don’t let the low prices fool you – our products are anything but shabby. We are a worldwide distributor of radiology lead markers and other products that medical facilities all over the globe require.
If you need high quality and affordable radiology lead markers, be sure to contact us today!
Why Radiology Lead Markers Are A Medical Necessity
Properly diagnosing patients requires information that only radiology lead markers can provide, such as a clear distinction of the left side of the body from the right. Not only can this lead to a misdiagnosis and subsequent mistreatment for normal patients in certain circumstances, it can lead to severe problems if the patient has the following conditions:
- Dextrocardia: Those with this condition have their heart residing in the right side of their chest, rather than the left.
- Situs Inversus: Those with this condition have all of their organs located on the opposite side of their body.
Needless to say, this can lead to some serious problems if the left and right sides of the body are not clearly indicated. However, it should be understood that this distinction is important for any patient, as problems can result from failure to make this indication even for physically normal patients. No matter how arbitrary it may seem to the layman, the left/right dichotomy should be clearly indicated on all medical x-rays.
Every medical radiological technician should have had comprehensive training on the proper use of radiology lead markers throughout the course of their schooling. Kemper Medical, Inc. provides the equipment they need to make certain required information clear and legible on the x-rays they take.
Why Radiology Lead Markers Are A Legal Necessity
When x-rays lack certain required information, they are rendered null and void in a court of law. Radiology lead markers should always be used in a medical facility, in case that facility is ever involved in a lawsuit for any reason.
In order for an x-ray to be considered a legally valid document, the radiation used to create it must pass through a radiology lead marker so as to produce clear and concise information.
Kemper Medical, Inc.’s x-ray lead markers provide the ability for radiology technicians to include all of this required information on every x-ray they produce, guarding them and the facility for which they work against possible legal action in the future. We provide the radiological markers you need to fulfill all medical and legal requirements.
Various Forms of Radiology Lead Markers
- Standard Left/Right Radiology Lead Markers: These will give you the ability to clearly distinguish between the left and right hand sides of the body. At the very least, all medical facilities should have the Standard Left/Right Radiology Lead Markers, as they are an invaluable asset when it comes to radiological diagnostics for both medical and legal reasons.
- Informative Radiology Lead Markers: These markers provide further information that radiological technicians may need, such as various measurement standards, time elapsed, the date the x-ray was taken, the patient’s name, and the name of the radiographer.
- Mammography Radiology Lead Markers: The standardized set of abbreviations that are included with these radiology lead markers have all been created by the ACR (American College Of Radiology). There is a wide variety of markers within this particular set, and they will all give radiological technicians the ability to label multiple mammographic images via a variety of imprints.
- Positioning Radiology Lead Markers: If you need to record information like the position of the patient’s body at the time the x-ray was taken, then these markers are the ideal product for you. Positioning Radiology Lead Markers are also useful if you need to record whether or not the patient was supine, erect, or weight bearing at the time of the x-ray.
- Sun-Dial Radiology Lead Markers: These radiology lead markers give technicians the ability to record information related to the amount of time passed since the injury was sustained, the time of the patient’s administration, and the time in which the x-ray was taken. These include center dials that can record anywhere from fifteen minutes to forty eight hours.
- Skin Markers: With these radiology lead markers, rad techs can highlight certain areas of the skin with the use of scar tissue wire, bb markers, semi-translucent markers, and lead wire markers.
Advancing The Technology Behind Radiology Lead Markers
If you haven’t updated your radiology lead markers in quite a long time, it may be time to do so. Modern technology is resulting in a lot of development when it comes to these instruments, such as:
- Clip Markers: With these, you can easily attach a marker to a cassette.
- Copper Backing: These are ideal for procedures involving high KV settings.
- Classic Elite Markers: These are guaranteed to meet all of the demands of modern imaging procedures.
- Wafer Thin Markers: With an easy bucky clearance, these will accommodate all of the latest modern digital equipment.